If you are reading this article you are probably looking for or are interested in become a videogame tester. I am going to tell you how I got started as well as the pros and cons of testing video games.
I was in my 3rd year of my civil engineering degree when I started my career as a videogames tester, and for those of you that don’t know, civil engineering students have very limited spare/free time for pretty much anything. So my options workwise were extremely limited. A friend of mine recommended becoming a videogame tester (knowing how much I enjoyed my gaming), he had started up as a videogames tester a couple of months before mentioning this idea to me and had only good things to say about his experience thus far. Me being the cautious/need all the facts kind of guy that I am started doing some research and within a couple of hours was convinced that this is something I would really enjoy doing. It took me a couple of hours to lookup all the necessary research but I am writing this article in an effort to try and help you guys cut out all that research time.
The pros of becoming a videogame tester for me where:
- Getting paid to play games (no brainer with this one).
- Flexible working hours, you get to chose when, for how long and how frequently you would like to work (if you can even call playing games “working”).
- You are most likely one of the first people to get your hands on new material and games.
- There is no shitty boss telling you what to do and yelling in your in the whole day.
- You get paid to write reviews of the games you’ve played
- The more reviews you write the more your opinion matters to game manufacturers
- All videogame testers start off at the same level, so the more you play and the more experience you have the greater your stature will be within the game testing community.
I only managed to find one con of a videogame tester which is if you don’t work you don’t get paid which is fair enough, but I have to say that was never really a problem for me because whenever I could find that spare moment of time I would be playing videogames.
By the reading this article you are that bit closer to landing the most enjoyable/profitable job out there. The sooner you sign up the better, I always say “sooner rather than later”.
Becoming a videogames tester isn’t hard, I signed up through this website which is all you really need to do and you are on your way to being paid to play games. So all you need to do is clcik on the link below, follow the instructions and start gaming.