Farming gold and items is one of the more popular approaches to obtaining gold in Diablo III. With enough magic find/gold find percentage on your gear, you can farm high quality yellow rares and decent amounts of gold.
For good item and gold farming spots, check on YouTube! There are a variety of good farming locations for you to choose from.
- If you are very lucky player, you can obtain items that can sell for millions on the Auction House
- When farming gold, you can be sure that you will receive a relatively stable income of (typically) 150k to 400k per hour, depending on the amount of gold find you have on gear
- Farming this way can become very boring and repetitive
- No real promise of obtaining great gear – you could farm for 100 hours and obtain no great gear
- Gold and magic find gear can become expensive, especially if you are trying to get close to maximum percentages on gear pieces.
‘Flipping’ items on the Auction House
In my opinion, this is by far the best method of generating gold for your character in the game. Flipping is a method whereby a player browses the auction house for under-priced items and re-sells these items for a fair price; generating a large profit. When done correctly, a large amount of gold can be generated in the game.
- The amount of gold one can obtain using this method can be absolutely ridiculous. Some players have reported making profits up to 50 – 80 million gold in one day
- You don’t have to have a level 60 character on inferno in order to make money. Even a level 1 player can make a profit on the auction house
- Blizzard nerfs will have little effect on this method.
- You need to know the ins and outs of the auction house in order to hit the extremely high levels of gold (50 – 80 million per day)
- Browsing the auction house can become boring over time, not everyone wants to spend their Diablo III experience browsing on the auction house.