These types of games offer players a platform to experience challenging, in-depth, user-friendly games with long-term playability. Some free-to-play strategy games requires download while others require no download and allow the gamer to play in the convenience of their browser. This interaction has allowed players to connect with other gamers around the globe.
There are many advantages of playing free-to-play strategy games. What could be more appealing than the strategy games being free-to-use and offering the same advantages as store bought games? Nothing comes to mind!
Check out the different types of strategy games below:
- Music, Rhythm, and Dance: These games involve music, rhythm, and dance for the musical art lovers.
- First-person shooter: Emphasizing tactic skills, first-person shooter games typical consist of team-based combat in a persistent world. The player’s tactic skills will enhance the gamer in combat.
- Real-time: Gamers conquer lands and sky as leaders in historical, fantasy, or sci-fi themed worlds. The worlds continue to develop in a persistent world setting.
- Turn-based: Players take turns making plays to reach a battle resolution. The clock is ticking as the gamers race to conquer over other players.
Bulletin board role-playing strategy games: These games include a large amount of text, descriptions, and occasionally images.
- Simulations: These games are geared towards making the player’s experience resemble real life. Whether it’s behind the wheel of a battle tank during war or in a spaceship as it prepares for takeoff, the player feels enthralled.
- Social: Hence the name “social strategy games”, the games main focus is socialization. Gamers are able to connect from around the globe and connect on a social level via the gaming platform. These games typically resemble real life scenarios.
- Casual: These games are appealing to a wide range of players due to their lack of time commitment and ease of use. These games are usual include table-game elements.
- Example of games:bTravian is one of the first free online browser games that appeared on the internet. It offers a fun to play environment set in Roman times. It includes city building, controlling economics, map based war fare and team based play.